If you are considering making a large special occasion cake, I highly recommend looking at our Wedding Cake for 75 information on our website. The lemon mousse would be a perfect addition. Check out our entire wedding tea menu here: Wedding Reception Tea Menu
Lemon Mousse Filling
Special equipment: 2 mixing bowls, wooden spoon, hand or stand mixer, fine grater such as Microplane, silicon spatula
- One 3-ounce package lemon gelatin, I used Jell-O brand
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or candy melts, melted and kept warm
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- In mixer bowl, stir together gelatin and boiling water. Be sure to stir until it is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Gradually stir in melted chocolate, stir until smooth. Stir in lemon zest and juice. Chill in the refrigerator for about 45 minutes, or until slightly thickened, about the consistency of egg whites. Stir occasionally the last 15 minutes of chilling.
- In second mixer bowl, beat chilled cream for 1 minute. Stir in powdered sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Using spatula, fold lemon mixture into whipped cream until just incorporated. Chill a few hours or until needed. Tightly covered, can be made up to 3 days ahead.
Variation: Besides filling cakes, this mousse can be served with fruit and or lady fingers and or liqueur in individual pretty glasses or as part of a citrus trifle.